Watercolour by Rory Brown
Watersedge Terms & Conditions
1. Agreement - The agreement is for the hire of the property for short term holiday letting and will be formally entered into between Jennifer Green & Philip Gooding (owner) and the Hirer when the required deposit payment has been received.
2. Payment - A deposit of £100 will secure the booking and needs to be made within two weeks of the date the booking is acknowledged by the owner. The booking will be held for that time but not fully secured until the deposit is received. The balance of the total will be due for payment six weeks before the start of the holiday. If the booking is made within six weeks of the start of the holiday the full amount must be paid.
If the deposit is not paid within 2 weeks then the booking will automatically be forfeited. Failure to make full payment of the balance in the time period stated above will result in the booking being cancelled and the deposit being forfeited (unless prior arrangements have been made between the owner and the Hirer).
3. Damage Deposit - A fully refundable damage deposit of £100 is also required. This is to be paid with the rental balance and will be returned in full within 7 days of the end of the hire term. However, should any damage to the property or contents, beyond reasonable wear and tear, be incurred by the Hirer or excessive additional cleaning be required, the cost of this will be advised to the Hirer before being taken from the damage deposit.
4. Cancellation - The Hirer should notify the owner as soon as possible should the booking need to be cancelled.
For any cancellation over six weeks from the start of the booking the full deposit will be returned as soon as a replacement booking is obtained. If no replacement booking can be secured the deposit will be returned less a £25 admin fee.
For any cancellation within six weeks of the start date of the hire period the owner will make reasonable efforts to re-let the cancelled period by promoting it through the website, mailing list, social media outlets and established linked websites. Should this be achieved a full refund can be given less £25 admin fee. If it is necessary to reduce the price of the booking to obtain a re-letting or the re-let period has to be shortened in order to secure a booking and therefore is cheaper than the original term, the cost of this difference will be retained as well as the £25 admin fee. Should it not be possible to re-let the booking the full amount will be retained.
Hirers are strongly encouraged to have holiday insurance to cover this eventuality.
5. Hirer's Responsibilities - The Hirer is responsible for the property hired and is expected to take care of it. Please leave all equipment and utensils etc, and the property itself, clean and tidy at the end of your stay. All damages/breakages should be reported as soon as they occur. the owner reserves the right to charge for any serious damage/breakages/extra cleaning which is deemed outside the normal wear and tear and Hirers are deemed jointly and severally liable. See damage deposit above.
The Hirer is required to observe and adhere to the requests and instructions in the property. Whilst these are kept to a minimum, the no smoking policy in the property must be adhered to.
The Hirer must not use the property or allow its use for any dangerous, offensive, excessively noisy, illegal or immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the property neighbours. This would be deemed a serious breach of the terms of the Agreement and the owner has the right to terminate the Agreement with immediate effect in this instance.
6. Owner's/Manager's Responsibilities - The owner is responsible for ensuring the property is supplied to the Hirer clean, warm and with all appliances/devices/furniture in proper working order. The owner is also responsible for dealing with any problems, equipment malfunction etc as they occur and will make best efforts to remedy any problems that occur during your stay. Owner contact tel: 01889 505000(hm) 07876 654 724(mb).
7. Arrival and Departure - The properties will be ready for your arrival after 4pm and need to be vacated by 10am on your day of departure to allow for a full clean and changeover, unless otherwise agreed with the owner. Earlier arrivals and later departures are sometimes possible but this will depend on adjacent bookings and is at the discretion of the owner.
8. Numbers of people occupying - Under no circumstances may more people stay at the property than there are beds for. This is an important insurance requirement.
The number of guests in the original booking confirmed by the owner cannot be exceeded without notification to the owner before the commencement of the hire period.
9. Keys and Directions - Key and arrival arrangements will be sent to the Hirer before the commencement of hire period.
10. Electricity - Electricity charges are included in the cost of renting the property.
11. Complaints - In the unlikely event of a complaint it must be brought immediately to the attention of the owner who will endeavour to rectify the problem as soon as possible, to ensure the continued enjoyment of your holiday. Should this not be possible please contact the owner as soon as possible and in all instances before the end of your period of hire. Complaints cannot be addressed if notified after the hire period.
12. Property rules - Smoking is not allowed in the property at any time.
13. Dog Rules
We ask that you clean up after your dog - both inside and out.
If you do want your dogs to curl up with you on furniture then please use the throws. We ask that you wash the throws in the washing machine located in the Utility Room if you’ve used them.
No dogs are allowed upstairs - please do respect this.
Leaving your dog(s) alone in the property - we would prefer this is only done if you are confident that your dog will settle if left alone in a strange place or they are happy in crates. If you know they can be destructive or reactive when they are left alone, or they suffer from separation anxiety, please do not leave them unsupervised for any period. It’s just not fair on your dog (or on us if they cause damage!)
There is plenty of room in the utility room for a dog crate if you use them. In the unlikely event of your dog(s) causing any damage, this will be taken from your damage deposit.
There is a dog day care in the area - Broadland Cattery Contact Lesley on 01692 580202 www.broadlandcattery.co.uk/doggydaycare.html
The usual Countryside Code guidance applies - see following link www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/enjoying/countrysidecode/default.aspx.
Please make sure your dog doesn’t chase any wildlife as this is a National Nature Reserve.
Dog equipment provided (all located in Utility Room)
many fleece throws for the furniture
large dog crate.
outside hose for washing down muddy dogs if needed
There is a vet practice at, Broadland House Veterinary Surgery 33 High Street Stalham NR12 9AH. Telephone: + 44 (0) 1692 580 171.
Dogs are allowed on most of the local beaches all year round but there are restrictions on a few of them (1st May to 1st October). This http://www.northnorfolk.org/files/TICleaflet_dogsonbeaches_08.pdf leaflet explains which ones and how far the restricted area extends.